John Steele Urban
www.linkedin.com/in/JohnSteeleUrban | https://github.com/JohnSteeleUrban | EMAIL:JohnSteeleUrban@GMAIL.COM
Versatile, driven, full stack Software Engineer exercising a depth of skill in software analysis and engineering to build metrics-driven customer-oriented solutions that will meet and exceed customer requirements; seeking a position within a highly respected, dynamic and progressive organization that will provide the opportunity and business environment to grow, develop and allow me to demonstrate my professional demeanor and creative composition abilities including, technical and business acumen.
Databases: MS SQL, MySQL Functional w/ - MongoDB
Web: HTML, CSS, ASP.Net-MVC, Bootstrap, ArcGIS, Apache2, Handlebars, OAuth-(Facebook, Twitter)
Source Control: svn, Mercurial, git/GitHub
Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux
Tools/Platforms: Telerik Suite: ASP.Net AJAX, Atlassian Suite: Jira, Source Tree, Bamboo. Maven, Dropwizard.
- Proactive team player experienced in Agile Software Development Methodology to enhance transparency, quality, and delivery consistently within the software development process
- Flexible, implementing balanced solutions to customer challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Driving design, development, and documentation in complex customer specific rules
- Enforcing Quality Assurance in legacy/enterprise technologies through documentation and test driven development
- Autonomous development, working in a 2 man team as well as large agile driven teams
- Self-driven as exemplified with side projects for clients and personal development
Pima Association of Governments, February 2016 - present
- Full stack .Net engineer supporting and creating regional planning activities through software and assisting technical staff in the production of spatial analysis tools, procedures, services, and products to help the growing Tucson community
- Implementation and design of complex cash flow analysis, project performance tracking, financial and budgetary control reporting in the Regional Transport Authority for jurisdictional users with novice to expert computer skills
- Some web examples of spatial analysis usage include: Transview.org, http://gismaps.pagnet.org/SchoolOutreach, http://gismaps.pagnet.org/bbbg, http://gismaps.pagnet.org/regionalsiteselector/Map.aspx (beta)
Amadeus Revenue Integrity, November 2011- February 2016
- Participation on various teams: product, service, and legacy with miscellaneous web work resulting in expert system knowledge of internal infrastructure (robotics) and business logic (airline automation).
- Fast-paced, interrupt driven development, design, implementation, test, and maintenance performed within the end-to-end scope of the software development life-cycle.
- Implementation of legacy software communicating with modern technology in a sensitive, live production environment; working with and contributing to tools using WCF, RESTful services, Service-Oriented Architecture, ActiveX-COM objects.
- Member of a 4 person team for Qantas Airlines implementing a product – Flight Movement - over the course of 1 year that saved over $160 million and 1100 jobs
- Training QA engineers
- Completed numerous full customer implementations
- Designated as lead developer on various projects and implementations to facilitate completion
- Appointed to train incoming Engineers
- Writing technical specs for various internal processes
- Entrusted with an on-call rotation to intervene in live, production ‘robots’ and services during failure
Freelance/Special Projects worth noting
- https://Fitpaxmeals.com, RuthJoyRichardson.com, MikeRossGallery.com – built by stripping a Wordpress theme and deploying to my personal, self-managed VPS running Ubuntu
- http://facesconferences – managed content design and email blasts as needed
- http://standards-stores.com, http://the9000store.com/iso-9001-2015-training.aspx - added to existing functionality
University of Arizona Degree: English Literature Minors: Spanish & Music Theory