JOHN STEELE URBAN
Versatile, driven, full stack Software Engineer exercising a depth of skill in software analysis and engineering to build metrics-driven customer-oriented solutions that will meet and exceed customer requirements. Seeking a position within a highly respected, dynamic and progressive organization that will provide the opportunity and business environment to grow, develop and allow me to demonstrate my professionalism and ceative composition abilities including technical and business acumen.
|Databases||MS SQL, MySQL|
|Web||ASP.Net-MVC w/Web API, JQuery, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, ArcGIS, IIS, Nginx, Apache2, Handlebars, OAuth- (Facebook, Twitter), Google Maps|
|Source Control||git/GitHub, TFS, SVN|
|Systems||Windows, Linux: Ubuntu, OSX|
|Tools/Platforms||Entity Framework, AutoMapper, Ninject, Telerik Suite: ASP.Net AJAX, Atlassian Suite: Jira, Source Tree, GitHub (as project and issue tracker)|
|Cloud||Azure, Digital Ocean (Ubuntu)|
|Sandbox||Familiarity/some work experience w/ Angular 6, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Docker|
- Proactive team player experienced in Agile Software Development Methodology to enhance transparency, quality, and delivery consistently within the software development process
- Flexible, implementing balanced solutions to customer challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Driving design, development, and documentation in complex customer specific rules
- Enforcing quality assurance in legacy/enterprise technologies through documentation and test driven development
- Autonomous development, working in a small team as well as large agile driven teams
- Self-driven, exemplified with side projects for clients and personal development
Learn On Demand Systems, Juned 2017 – present
- Following domain driven design practices and SOLID principles to implement a cloud-based lab training environment with a learning management system, including robust business and UI logic and services.
- Building API and RESTful services and web apps used to sync. business processes across enterprise systems for various clients
- Constructing learning partner services projected to increase company revenue by 30%
Pima Association of Governments, February 2016 - June 2017
- Supporting and creating regional planning activities through software and assisting technical staff in the production of spatial analysis tools, procedures, services, and products to help the growing Tucson community
- Implementation and design of complex cash flow analysis, project performance tracking, financial budgetary control reporting in the Regional Transport Authority for jurisdictional users with novice to expert computer skills
- Spatial analysis: Transview.org, Gismaps.pagnet.org/SchoolOutreach, Gismaps.pagnet.org/regionalsiteselector/Map.aspx
Amadeus Revenue Integrity, November 2011- February 2016
- Participation on various product, service, and legacy teams with miscellaneous web work resulting in expert system knowledge of internal infrastructure (robotics) and business logic (airline automation)
- Fast-paced, interrupt driven development, design, implementation, test, and maintenance performed within the end-to-end scope of the software development life-cycle
- Implementation of legacy software communicating with modern technology in a sensitive, live production environment; working with and contributing to tools using WCF, RESTful services, Service-Oriented Architecture, ActiveX-COM objects.
- Member of a 4 person team for Qantas Airlines implementing a product – Flight Movement - over the course of 1 year that saved over $160 million and 1100 jobs
- Training QA and incoming engineers
- Completed numerous full customer implementations
- Designated as lead developer on various projects and implementations to facilitate completion
- Entrusted with an on-call rotation to intervene in live, production ‘robots’ and services during failure
Freelance/Special Projects worth noting
- https://github.com/JohnSteeleUrban/testrepo Lives: https://steeleurbanproductions.com - Currently developing a ‘containerized’ dotnet core web app reverse proxied through Nginx using continuous deploy w/ Docker Hub web hooked into GitHub. This will eventually replace some of the WordPress sites below.
- https://Fitpaxmeals.com, RuthJoyRichardson.com, MikeRossGallery.com – built by modifying a WordPress theme and deploying to my personal, self-managed VPS running Ubuntu.
- http://standards-stores.com, http://the9000store.com/iso-9001-2015-training.aspx - added to existing functionality
University of Arizona Degree: English Literature Minors: Spanish & Music Theory